Product quality is the life of a factory and the foundation of its development and growth. Among the 5 key elements of management it ranks No.1, and is always included in other management theories. Quality is integral to a company’s existence, and should be dealt with seriously. Recent industrial scandals in China such as milk powder, food, and construction materials have undisputedly demonstrated that the large numbers of factories have a long way to go to improve their quality awareness and capabilities.
- Total Quality Control implementation
- Quality KPI statistics systems
- Quality control process perfection
- Quality awareness training for all employees
- Quality management organization optimization
- Cost control for quality management
- Quality Control Costs implementation
- Quality incident feedback mechanism
- Improved product quality
- Improved production efficiency
- Better customer satisfaction
- Lower quality control costs
- Increased per piece profitability
- Improved intra-factory communication
- Establishing & completing QC management system.
- Using the QC 7 methods (Checklist, cause analysis diagram, Pareto chart, stratification, scatter diagram, histogram, control chart) and Quality Control Circle, etc, to improve product quality and eliminate problems.